Stocks with a jolt of Kopi O!
Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to RSS Subscribe via Email

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Leon  /  Wednesday, June 18, 2014  /  No comments
The world cup is finally here, and I have the perfect stock choice.  Truth be told, I've missed the boat on this one, but I'll be sure to get in on the stock next time around.  A few industries do well during the world cup, but many falter as the world lacks productivity during the tounament.

The one who has the most to gain from the world cup directly would be Astro, the broadcaster of the world cup.  Simply, they do the broadcasting for most of the football games.  Even TM Hypp TV uses their sports channels.  TM will do well of course, but Astro looks to hit a homer with a lower cost base and a boost in revenues due to the World Cup.



Other industries I thought might do well such as liquor didn't impress as much as I thought.  I figure that sales of the World Cup aren't significant enough to move the stock price.


I'll know what I'll be buying 6 months from the next world cup, assuming Astro still has the World cup broadcast rights!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search